Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lost my Crown!!

Ha..yet another date with the demon with the drill. Well that's how I look at my dentist. The guy has become more money oriented me thinks.I had my RCT done by him and he capped it charging me with a whooping bill of 8K , just last year. It was s'ppose to be 'permanent' . But this permanent was only 18 months. Perhaps dentist dictionary has a different definition for that word. And coming to the point, he replaced the crown back and insisted a scaling plus cleaning before doing it. Well do I have a choice at all??. During the process he 'discovered' more 'rooms' for money. I mean, he happens to 'see' some developing cavities. So adviced an x-ray and after reading it he gave a big list of treatment to be carried out. The whole affair may cost me close to 10k!!!. First sitting over today. Touch wood not much of pain as such. I wonder if I need to take a second opinion. And I was sceptical about the job done today for the junior (just my guess) doctor who was attending me was a bit slow and looked nervous. And I heard things like, 'do you know how to mix the fill?' et al !! Think I was a practical lesson today for those apprentices. Bless them all and more me...

No comments: