Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Solitude - Glorified Lonesomeness.


Lonesome..That is what came to my mind when I saw this house, (well to call it a house is a debatable query) at an elevation of 10,000 plus feet...I took this shot, when we were climbing down from Badrinath. I found it amidst a vast field, and there seemed to be no soul within a range of some few km!!..The first thought that came to my mind was, how the hell they got in there in the first place???..Soon I found the answer, a few meters away.. spotted a mud path that runs on the slope of the huge mountain, like a giant serpent. Think this house must be a shelter for the farmers during the season.The whole side of the mountain was under step farming and this was in the middle of a step.Whatever may be the purpose of this house/shelter, the people who may occupy this will suffer from loneliness I guess..or I may be wrong, for work by itself is a remedy for loneliness. Still, I couldnt support my argument on that for however much  engaged , one may get weary at the end of the day being lonely..But then, life is an awfully lonesome affair, for we were all born alone and die alone.What makes it lively is the bond we create and the love we exchange with the fellow loners!!! when we are living...
Wow..philosophical quotes just pours out just by looking at this lone house on a lonesome mountain..
Look what Friedrich Nietzsche says on lonesome...
We do not belong to those who only get their thought from books, or at the prompting of books, -- it is our custom to think in the open air, walking, leaping, climbing, or dancing on lonesome mountains by preference, or close to the sea, where even the paths become thoughtful.
Whatever said and done, I think the faceless ppl who may use that house are really unique. Making a living by living for others...for I am sure the crops raised here must be cash crops and exported.
Hey, are we all not lonesome in our own way, living in a community, in the middle of a crowded city, Lonesome together..:) 

No comments: