Saturday, April 10, 2010


April 4th..well I boarded the flight to Boston, against so many odds..at last!!..It was a BA flight for a change via London. Tho the seating was the same, uncomfortable with no leg room and an odd head rest which is exclusively designed to give one a neck sprain..the food served was palatable. But nothing was served in between the 10 and 1/2 hr flight. And the passengers literally starved and at the verge of dehydration for even water, leave alone any drinks, was not served. The reason, I came to know later, for the lack of hospitality, is that the crew was on strike and just returned for duty. What a way to travel!!. A sweet bun, Upma and a small Dosa was served for breakfast, for the flight took off early morning.Then 9 hrs later just before landing a very mini lunch was served.
I generally use the toilets in the flight very sparingly. I was pained by the way it was used/misused by our fellow country (Wo)men!!..The lady who used the loo just before me didnt bother to flush the toilet, and walked away coolly w/o any embarrassment.. I can understand why our ppl are looked down upon.The flight was 70% filled with Indians. Many aged couple, with small kids, may be grand kids traveled. I have nothing against children and their pranks, but while traveling long distance I dont dig their company, especially if they are cry babies!! And the toddlers sitting behind my seat had special strength in kicking the seat!!. I politely made a mention but in vain. The mother hardly responded. Such is the behaviour. They leave the virtue called courtesy back at home I guess, or perhaps they dont possess one.
The waiting at the Heathrow was long and the transit from terminal to terminal was a real pain. We were taken by a bus to terminal 5 for onward journey, and immigration chk was done there.
It was not a big deal, but then when the gates were announced, one more transport, by the tube was made, and then, again, a bus to a nowhere, where the flight was boarded by steep steps. I really dont understand why such things happen only to flights with more Indian passengers!!

No comments: