Thursday, November 27, 2008

Siege and Deluge

27th Nov, a black Thursday..
Woke up to the noise of gunshots, Mumbai under siege..I watched the news that followed in disbelief. Sad, really sad. People been shot randomly, killed just like that, like birds and animals by the hunters. Value of human life is so cheap in our country.
And the star Hotels taken /captured by militants..wahwah..what a security system we have. Amazing. Long live the politicians who runs buses to Pak.
Bless them who soft pedals the issues with the terrorists, fearing the vote bank from the minorities.
I dunno how I can suppress the rage that surges drowning me in emotion.
Drowning, yes Chennai is right now under knee deep water. I am in a deluge. Courtesy cyclone Nisha. I stay in T.Nagar and our street gets clogged for drizzles, then imagine the amount of water thats running at cyclonic condition. when I was a child I remeber seeing something called 'storm drain'. And water will drain through it during rains. Its a big puzzle how can such a big city survive without storm drains.I honestly dont understand why the corporation of Chennai doesnt maintain them. Whatever canals present at some places are either blocked by some construction or filled with rubbish. Kudos to our officers.

No comments: